Monday, January 7, 2013

Brazil- Part 1

So Morgan and I had such an amazing opportunity to go on a trip to Brazil.
The story goes like this.
Morgan's dad served is mission in Brazil when Brazil only had 2 missions, and lucky him his first born, Brett, was called to serve in Brazil as well. How cool is that to share the same mission with your father/son.
Fast forward 8 years to when my adorable 18 year old husband opened his mission call and was called to none other than Sao Paulo, Brazil. I wasn't there but I can only imagine the joy that both my father-in-law Eric and Brett felt knowing that they would all share the same mission. Cool, right?
And I'm sure there are more family stories just like this.
So after Morgan's mission there came a thought "Maybe one day when I get married, all of us can take our wives to Brazil to see where we spent some of the most amazing 2 years of our lives?" 
No bring it to present day and we were able to do that. Eric, Carol (mother-in-law), Brett, Kelly (sister-in-law), Morgan and I packed our bags and heading to Brazil.
This is where our journey begins.

DAY 1:
I didn't take any pictures on the plane or our first day in Brazil due to the fact that I slept about 75% of the day. A red-eye flight and the time change really gets to you. 
But that day we got into Brazil around 12 and headed straight to the hotel and slept. We had dinner at a restaurant in the lobby and decided to take a stroll around our hotel.
Even though we only walked about a mile it was so cool. We went in a grocery store and it was interesting.
You're use to the American grocery stores so you are shocked when you walk in and see everything out in the open. They have a bakery in the back that makes everything that morning and that's where they get their bread. Can you imagine every week having fresh bread? I would be in head. 
But they don't only have bread they have a full out bakery. Like something you would see at Carlo's Bakery in New Jersey. There's every kind of pastry and cookie. I was in heaven. The sea of chocolate cakes and mouse cups was mesmerizing. I looked like a starving dog with his tongue pressed up against the glass with it's tail wagging back and forth like crazy.
Ok no back down to Earth. I walked out the that grocery store without a piece of chocolate heaven but with about a dozen cheese rolls, which are called Pao de queijo. And I was instantly transported to carb heaven. 
Back to the hotel we went to sleep some more and get ready for our journey on the boat up and down the Brazilian Coast.

DAY 2:
We hopped in a huge van that took us to Santos, which was about and hour away to get on our cruise ship.
Driving down into Santos.

Riding in the van.

Our boat and room. Our room was perfect. It wasn't too small and it wasn't too big. We didn't want to stay in our room all day but we could relax and enjoy our time alone.





Seriously could I have married a bigger goofball. 

This was across the bay where our shipped docked. A huge majority of the houses look like this. Just like one room shacks.



Exploring the ship.

Right when you walk on board there was this gingerbread village. So adorable.


Downtown Santos.

Santos coast.

There were a million people on the beach.


DAY 3:
Buzios
This little town was so cute. I can't even explain it because I have never really been anywhere like it.
The best I can explain it is a little beach city. All the streets were cobblestone and it had a million little shops that I wish I would have taken pictures of. To get to any real beach you had to take these little water taxis. 

From the boat.

From the beach.

Built on the hill was an amazing hospital. I wouldn't mind spending a few days there.




A picture with the wonderful statue of Brigitte Bardot.

Leaving the beach we spent the day at.

The beaches were packed with so many people. It was unreal.


Our first formal night.

Live music was played here nightly.


DAY 4:
Cabo Frio
We did a boat tour around this little town. It was cool. Not really what I expected but cool nonetheless. 

Cabo Frio beaches. We didn't go to the beach because it was like 5 miles from the port we were at and we really didn't feel like getting a taxi and going into town and finding a spot on the beach. And I'm glad we didn't because Brett and Kelly went and they said you couldn't even see the sand and you were shoulder to shoulder with everyone there. I definitely would have been uncomfortable there.


Morgan doing a flip off the tour boat. I about died watching this.

Parrot Island. Our one and only stop on our boat tour.

Our stateroom attendant was amazing. By the first night he knew Morgan and mine's name. Every time we would walk out of our room we would hear in this Eastern European accent "Hello Miss Kaylee, Hello Mister Morgan." and I loved the little animals. Oh the little things that amuse us.
Part 2 coming up.

Kaylee


No comments:

Post a Comment